Rense Nieuwenhuis is a quantitative sociologist interested in how the interplay between social policies and demographic trends gives rise to economic inequalities. His publications appeared in the Journal of Marriage and Family and the European Sociological Review, among other journals. In 2014 he obtained a Phd (‘Cum Laude’) from the University of Twente in the Netherlands, and currently he is an assistant professor at the Swedish Institute for Social Research (SOFI).
- Nieuwenhuis, R., H. van der Kolk, and A. Need (2017). Women’s earnings and household inequality in OECD countries, 1973-2013. Acta Sociologica. 60(1), pp. 2-20.
- Nieuwenhuis, R., A. Need, and H. Van der Kolk (2017, forthcoming). Is There Such a Thing as Too Long Childcare Leave? International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy 39(1/2).
- Grotenhuis, M. te, B. Pelzer, A. Schmidt-Catran, R. Nieuwenhuis, R. Konig, and R. Eisinga (2016). When size matters: advantages of weighted effect coding in observational studies. International Journal of Public Health.
- Grotenhuis, M. te, B. Pelzer, A. Schmidt-Catran, R. Nieuwenhuis, R. Konig, and R. Eisinga (2016). Weighted effect coded interactions: a novel moderation regression analysis for observational studies. International Journal of Public Health.
- Nieuwenhuis, R., T. Munzi, and J. Gornick (2016). Comparative Research with Net and Gross Income Data: An Evaluation of Two Netting Down Procedures for the LIS Database. Review of Income and Wealth
- Andringa, W., R. Nieuwenhuis, and M. Van Gerven (2015). Women’s working hours: the interplay between gender role attitudes, motherhood, and public childcare support in 23 European countries. International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy 35(9/10), 582-599.
- Maldonado, L. C. and R. Nieuwenhuis (2015). Family Policies and Single Parent Poverty in 18 OECD Countries, 1978-2008. Community, Work \& Family 18(4), 395-415.
- Nieuwenhuis, R. and L. C. Maldonado (2015). Prepare versus Repair? Combining parental leave and family allowances for social investment against single-parent poverty. Belgisch Tijdschrift voor Sociale Zekerheid (Belgian Review of Social Security) 57(1), 115-123.
- Nieuwenhuis, R. (2015). Association, Aggregation, and Paradoxes: On the Positive Correlation Between Fertility and Women’s Employment. Response to Brehm \& Engelhardt. Demographic Research 32.
- Nieuwenhuis, R., A. Need, and H. Van der Kolk (2012). Institutional and Demographic Explanations of Women’s Employment in 18 OECD Countries, 1975-1999. Journal of Marriage and Family. 74 (June), 614-630.
- Nieuwenhuis, R., Te Grotenhuis, M., & Pelzer, B. (2012). Influence.ME: tools for detecting influential data in mixed effects models. R Journal, 4(2), 38–47.
- Levels, M., A. Need, R. Nieuwenhuis, R. Sluiter, and W. Ultee (2012). Unintended Pregnancy and Induced Abortion in the Netherlands 1954-2002. European Sociological Review.28 (3), 301-318.
Complete Curriculum Vitae
You can contact me in two different ways:
- Place a comment on one of the blog posts
- Email: email@example.com